Thursday, January 24, 2013

take a walk in my shoes


If you were going to take a walk in my shoes, then I do not envy you.

For you would be stuck in a maze with no exit, trapped within walls that would even make the greatest escape artists claustrophobic. 

And at your feet you would see that the ‘shoes’ you wear are not even there, for you walk bare across shatter glass, cutting you deep by each step you take. Reflections of these broken fragments show you in what you once believed in, now destroyed by a series of unfortunate events acting a hammer. 

If you were going to take a walk in my shoes, I suggest that you bring a flashlight, but I doubt that it will help. As the darkness that surrounds you is no where comparative to the darkness you would feel within, consuming at your heart.

I promise you, you would not last a second in my shoes. Not with the demons that walk beside me everyday. If you were going to take a walk in my shoes, I would not allow you. No one deserves this pain I feel inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment